As India’s first tax research Centre being anchored by former tax officers, the CTAR endeavours to simplify tax provisions for aam taxpayers. Its underlying philosophy is to help taxpayers and reassure them. We will be engaged in stimulating healthy and holistic debates on tax and cess of all kinds, corporate governance, foreign exchange etc. In addition to answering your queries, we will prepare tax reports and publish white papers on policy issues. Also, we will organize seminars, workshops, training programmes and tax tutorials to make everyone comprehend current and complex trends.
We firmly believe that every Indian has a right to understand the tax system from a non-government perspective too. While analysing trends and publishing research papers, we will incorporate government views but give the end-users an impartial and independent viewpoint. Creating quality materials on tax issues and sensitizing taxpayers on policy matters will also supplement the government’s effort to spread tax education and awareness, and ensure compliance. But we will be objective and independent in our assessment, and will tell the taxpayers the truth: What should be done, and what are their tax duties and tax rights.
- Creating awareness about tax laws and procedures
- Carrying out in-depth research on tax matters
- Promotion of holistic corporate governance
- Facilitation of quality and internationally accepted foreign exchange control systems and processes
- Initiating debates on matters related to tax, corporate governance and foreign exchange etc. by organizing seminars, workshops, training programmes etc.
- Publishing and documentation of tax research materials.